Thread: A Couple of Questions

A Couple of Questions

Howdy. form newbie, but long-time player.
    So after doing a little bit of poking around, I came across a few curiosities.
    One of these was "Version 1" vs "Version 2", and I think that unfortunately, I am on the latter one.
    Long story short, I'm suffering the same problems everyone else is suffering--kitchen won't unlock, half of the stuff in the workshop/cottage are locked, I never got the "Seal the Deal" quest, and I can't really interact with anything outside of my Forest Escape at this point (I've completed every quest, and now there's just a big "coming soon" thing on the side)

I'm wondering if there's anything I can do other than NUKE EVERYTHING and restart, since 56 levels in took a lot of work and effort.
    [and on a slightly less related note, I'm curious as to when this thing will update again. it's been several months of absolutely nothing. xP]

regards,
    ~K41~

Version 2 here as well. Basically sounds like you've completed all the available content. So you can only sit tight and wait for the developers to create more quests to play with.

Was on verision 2 also. Had restart under new name. Does not really take that long kept old one and use it to ask for refill of energy. That way can progress faster. I am up to level 65 on version 2 and level 85 on level 1. Plus on level 2 you do not get the chance to make fortitude to expand your forest escape.

Originally Posted by cjnicley
    Was on verision 2 also. Had restart under new name. Does not really take that long kept old one and use it to ask for refill of energy. That way can progress faster. I am up to level 65 on version 2 and level 85 on level 1. Plus on level 2 you do not get the chance to make fortitude to expand your forest escape.
    Wait, version 1 get's fortitude? I always thought that hadn't been released yet.

If so, any word on when version 2 will get access?

They are looking into the possibility of adding the latest set of quests to V2. It includes meeting a new character named Adian and a series of tasks that unlock the ability to craft Fortitude. In doing so, players are able to unlock a few areas in their Forest Escape. This update also introduced an unknown element for the next set of areas to open. No fortitude change.jpg
    Last edited by Babs; 06-18-2014 at 11:04 PM.

so what you're saying is, is that V1 has plots that are currently not accessible to V2?
    And that fortitude is available in V1?

sooooooo... if I started a new game somewhere, would I be in Version 1 again and have all the cool stuff that I distinctly lack in my current (and apparently Version 2) game?

~K41~

Not necessarily. All the plots/areas are the same. As of now, Fortitude is available to V1 players but not to V2. It only unlocked a few more plots-now we are waiting to learn what the next item to unlock an area will be.

IF you choose to start a new game, it will have to be under a faux, psuedo, dummy or whatever name account you care to call it. Then you will be playing V1. Deleting the app from your actual account and re-installing it will not get you the original version. As cjnicley mentioned-it moves rather quickly because most noticeably, you do not use energy to collect in your Forest Escape. Also, you have the ability to craft items for energy, some Forest Escape items take less time to harvest, and you will also have other quests to complete while waiting for the main chapter tasks as well.
    Last edited by Babs; 06-18-2014 at 11:09 PM.

okay. so having played on a dummy account and thus on V1, I actually have noticed large amounts of additional quests that I never saw in V2. I'm currently chapter 12 and level 31 (you were definitely right about it moving faster), and I always have about 3 or 4 quest icons on the side. Conversely, in my V2 game, I only ever had two sidequests: the one for the workshop and then for the cottage. After I got those, the only quest I had was the main one.

I suppose more than anything, now I'm just curious as to what they were thinking when they came out with V2, which actually seems like a much crappier, primitive and less entertaining version than V1. *headtilt*

Its actually a bit streamlined quest wise in the very beginning and I do like the addition of the gate and the cooking pot in the Forest Escape. I was curious to find out what they would be used for. As far as the lack of side quests outside of the main story line-unfortunately I don't have an answer for that. But I agree with you, after playing both, V1 is much better. But....who knows what may have happened if they continued to develop V2. Fortunately for you, you are not waiting for updates for V1 right now and you can keep moving right along. Glad to hear it is going well!

I don't remember the cooking pot, but I did see the gate and wonder what it was for.
    I love how the V2 users also get the ads for Aidan and stuff ("New Adventures await in your forest escape") although he's not actually there, and that Hunting Cabin still stands in the distant part of the woods blocked by fortitude zones.

Also, I've started getting lots of "limited time" quests in my V1 account (many of which are fairly easy. I've completed each one on time thus far), although even though I've technically "Beaten the game" in my V2, I don't even any of those over there.
    V2 people really got screwed over pretty harshly, I reckon.